Cedie Lynn Mock's Blog

Cedie Lynn was born on 6/16/05 in Memphis, TN. She arrived 6 wks early. Cedie spent the first 11 & 1/2 months in the hospital. Although she endured many surgeries and spent 2/3 of her life in hospitals, she was a very happy, beautiful little girl who was full of love and who was loved by everyone who met her in person and online. She now watches over all of us as our own little angel.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday, 8/11/06- Peanutbutter, Anyone?



As you all know, we are trying really hard to find anything that Cedie will be encouraged to eat orally. So far, we know she likes banana pudding and cake icing. Nurse Joan tried strawberry jell-o with her on Thursday and Cedie seemed curious about it (very new texture).

This afternoon, I was eating some peanut butter crakers (the round kind that come in a package of six). I was sitting on the floor beside Cedie and talking to her about her day while I was eating. She kept waving her arms, kicking her feet, and making noises at me. I finally figured out that she wanted what I had- the crackers!

First I gave her a whole cracker. She put it in her mouth and bit down. She got a big chunk off but she immediately spit it out. So then I took the cracker apart and let her have the side with the majority of the peanutbutter on it. She loved it! She licked it all off. Then she did the cutest little smacking thing for the longest time- I guess it was all stuck on the roof of her mouth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home