Cedie Lynn Mock's Blog

Cedie Lynn was born on 6/16/05 in Memphis, TN. She arrived 6 wks early. Cedie spent the first 11 & 1/2 months in the hospital. Although she endured many surgeries and spent 2/3 of her life in hospitals, she was a very happy, beautiful little girl who was full of love and who was loved by everyone who met her in person and online. She now watches over all of us as our own little angel.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Weekend of Firsts




Cedie had a great weekend. It was a weekend of firsts :-) Her first time to get in trouble, her first big girl bath, and her first trip to the movies.

Cedie is now 17 mths old and Saturday morning was the first time her dad and I ever had to get on to her. And as is typical of a 17 month old, she tested us :-) Because of all the equipment she is connected to (and because she is still so small in size) we have always given her a bath in the baby tub that is set on her changing table in her room. Well during her bath time Saturday morning (her nurse called in so I was giving her the bath by myself) she decided it would be great fun to splash. I don't mean a little splashing- I mean get the wall, the floor, and mommy soaking wet type splashing! I then notice the water stains on her walls- apparently this is not as new a trick as I thought! So, I told her no. Then I told her no and held her hands. Then I told her no, and spanked her hand. As I said, we have never had to do that before. At first she thought my attempt at discipline was funny. She continued to slap the water with her hands and her foot. Her dad then came into the room to see why I kept telling his little girl "no". He then did what I did, tell her no and spank her hand. This broke her little heart!! She gave us the most pitiful little lip quiver and then proceeded to cry. (we tried not to let her see us laugh) Never fear! We did not break poor little Cedie's spirit- she started her splashing again!

In light of Saturday morning's water fiasco, we decided to try Cedie in the big bath tub on Sunday. (see pics above) It was kind of tricky because we don't have a very big bathroom and we had to take (at least) the vent in there with us. Thankfully she didn't need suctioning while we were in there. Anyhow, we tried putting her in Dylan's old bath seat. She wasn't real sure about the whole thing but she did have free reign (and encouragement from mommy) to splash! It went pretty well.
Cedie saw her first movie at the theater on Saturday. Dylan, Cedie, Memaw, and I all went to see Happy Feet. It was a great movie! Very funny! Cedie seemed amazed. She even "danced" for a little while. Unfortunately, it was a 12pm showing and nap time won the fought within the first 30 minutes of the movie.
Overall we had a very good weekend!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, December 04, 2006, Blogger Crystal M. said…

    AAWWW You looke so sweet in the big girl tub, Eva has a big girl seat too. I am glad you liked the movie and did so well. Eva saw Cars in June and did well too but she did fall asleep also....LOL!
    Hugs to you all!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home