Cedie Lynn Mock's Blog

Cedie Lynn was born on 6/16/05 in Memphis, TN. She arrived 6 wks early. Cedie spent the first 11 & 1/2 months in the hospital. Although she endured many surgeries and spent 2/3 of her life in hospitals, she was a very happy, beautiful little girl who was full of love and who was loved by everyone who met her in person and online. She now watches over all of us as our own little angel.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mothers Day 2006 - 5/14/06

Today was a great day for both Cedie and me. Dylan and Chris let me sleep in and get some much needed rest. As soon as I woke up I called the hospital and they said that she had a great night and was very happy this morning. Dylan then brought in my presents. Dylan got me a little bird that has a motion sensor and chirps. He picked it out himslef and was very proud. He also made me a card with his hand print on it. Cedie "got" me a Precious Moments musical snow globe that is heart shaped. It plays "Always in My Heart". In the globe there is a blonde mother holding a brown headed baby. It is so cute! Next, they took me, Me-maw (Chris' mom) and Pe-paw (Dylan made up these names :-)) out to lunch. We had a nice time. After lunch I called to check on Cedie and she was still doing great. Her vitals were great, she was happy, and she has NOT needed pain meds! Next my mom and I went to Daniel Shay's Salon to get my hair done. We were there 3 hours (beauty takes time LOL!) but we had a lot of fun. I got my hair cut and put blonde, red, and brown highlights in it. Veronica did an awesome job!! Its amazing how much a little pampering and a new look can do for your outlook on life! THANK YOU MOM!!! I had the biggest smile on my face when I left there. I scooped up Dylan and Chris and we 3 went to see Cedie and show her my presents. I was practically skipping through the hallway halls -like I said, I loved my new "do" and I was pumped about seeing the happy Cedie that I had been hearing about all day. Cedie was awake and playing in her bed. You could tell that she was excited to see all of us. Her daddy and I both got to hold her (1st time since the surgery!) and it was just perfect! She kicked at Dylan and he thought she was so silly! We had a lovely visit. Cedie was tuckered out by the time we had to leave. We then met my parents at Fuego's for dinner and had a great visit with them. It was a great day.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM, May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jen I am sure you look beautiful! What an awesome Mother's day. I am thankful Cedie also had a good day and you got to put her in your arms! A hug is the best gift ever!!

     
  • At 5:00 PM, May 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you deserve it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home