Cedie Lynn Mock's Blog

Cedie Lynn was born on 6/16/05 in Memphis, TN. She arrived 6 wks early. Cedie spent the first 11 & 1/2 months in the hospital. Although she endured many surgeries and spent 2/3 of her life in hospitals, she was a very happy, beautiful little girl who was full of love and who was loved by everyone who met her in person and online. She now watches over all of us as our own little angel.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Keeping it in the Family- Yucky Colds!

It has definitely been a sick week at the Mock house.

This was supposed to be Cedie's first week of life with no doctor visits. However, that was short lived.

Tuesday, during her 12pm feeding, she had a big coughing spell. Her day time nurse was afraid she aspirated. She has had a lot of reflux issues here lately and we didn't want to take a chance so we went to see our pediatrician. She had us give Cedie her 3pm feeding while she listened to her stomach. Also, we dyed the formula blue (with jell-o) so that we would know for sure if it came out of her trach. All went well. She sent us home with a warning that should we suction any blue out of her trach, we were to take her to the ICU at LBCH.

Also, Chris (the best daddy) had to stay in bed all day Tuesday because he caught what Cedie and Dylan had.

Then comes Wednesday. Cedie was feeling much better. She handled all her feeds and had less coughing. She did 10 straight hours of CPAP with no problems. However, I woke up with the worst sore throat I have ever had! (I, like most of us moms never get sick- to much to do and too many people to care for). I was miserable! The problem was, I still had to get Dylan to and from school and work with the new nurse (it was her 1st day). Luckily, the nurse turned out to be great. Chris had to work until 10:30 at night so I had to get Memaw to come help me take care of the kids. Both kiddos were very good for mommy and liked having Memaw around to play with.

Thursday, we all were getting a little better. Dylan's nose isn't running anymore. Chris and I are able to take Tylenol Cold for our symptoms. Cedie had very few coughing spells and seemed much happier. She did her 10 hours of CPAP without a problem.

Its Friday now. My cold has moved from my chest & throat to my nose! I think Cedie, Dylan, and Chris are all better now. Hopefully, I won't start the rounds over again....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home