Cedie Lynn Mock's Blog

Cedie Lynn was born on 6/16/05 in Memphis, TN. She arrived 6 wks early. Cedie spent the first 11 & 1/2 months in the hospital. Although she endured many surgeries and spent 2/3 of her life in hospitals, she was a very happy, beautiful little girl who was full of love and who was loved by everyone who met her in person and online. She now watches over all of us as our own little angel.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

If It Could Go Wrong.... Kind of Morning

In these pictures Cedie is wearing my tank top. She wore it at her doctor's appt this morning. Here's the story of how we got to this point. (get a drink & get comfortable: its a long one)

It was an "if it can go wrong, it will" kind of morning. We had a 9:30 appt with the Optomitrist downtown. I had asked my night nurse to feed Cedie around 5 (instead of 6) so that we could give her 9am feeding at 8:30. Cedie woke up with that 5 am feeding but she took the feeding well and seemed to be in a good mood. Her morning nurse was a little late so we didn't get to feed her until 8:45 and then we had to close her button and put her in the car.

Normally, she loves riding in the car. However, this morning, she started screaming (not easy to do with a trach/vent)the moment we put her in her car seat. I thought she would calm down as we started off but that wasn't the case. We had to pull to the side of the road twice to suction her. We then decided maybe it's her stomach again so I asked the nurse, who was sitting in the back next to her, to open her button up. Normally, if it was just gas, a couple bubbles would pop up and she would feel better. Normally, its more noise than substance. This time her stomach contents shot up out of the tube and went everywhere. It was awful! It was all over Cedie, the nurse, the car seats, and everything else! It had that same strange odor that I noticed yesterday. And she was still crying. By that point we were already there. We got her out and cleaned her off.

Everywhere we go, I have to take a minimum of three bags- diaper bag, suction bag, and emergency bag. In these bags I have every thing I would need for any emergency. Yet, today, there wasn't any spare clothes! The clothes she was wearing were soaked and they smelled horrible! So I improvised. Cedie always carries around my shirts (a tradition we started in the hospital). Today she had my spaghetti strapped tank top. I tied it in the back and it became a halter dress!

Her exam took 2 hours because she was so sleepy from the trama of the morning thus far. She didn't want to open her eyes for them! They were able to determine that her vision in her right eye is normal for her age. Her vision in the left eye is significantly less. Our options were to either to get a contact for her left eye or get glasses. However, the doctors decided to give her eyes another 6 months. They felt like the two correcting options would not be easy with her at this age and they hope that with some exercises that we can strengthen the eye on our own.

Then, we get ready to go and we see that it is pouring down rain! This place did not have a drive thru awning. So, I pulled up the car as close to the bldg as I could. We unhooked Cedie so that she and the nurse could jump in the car without getting too wet. By the time I got her 3 bags, the vent, the marine battery & the O2 tank into the car and took apart the stroller and got it in the trunck, I was SOAKED!

Finally, we are on the way home. Cedie is in the back laughing (yes LAUGHING) at the rain on the back window. I am freezing because I am soaked but Cedie gets so hot so I have to keep the air on. The car smells like vomit and the nurse and I both havce headaches. Half way there, my gas light comes on! We made it home though.

I called Cedie's doctor about the stomach issues. She thinks its a stomach virus that has been going around and she called in a RX order to increase her Zantac dosage.

Cedie didn't take a nap. She fell asleep about 5:30. She pretty much slept the rest of the night but she wouldn't let me put her down until 10:30. Each time I tried, she tightened up and started screaming.

Hopefully she will be better tomorrow.


Post a Comment

<< Home