Cedie Lynn Mock's Blog

Cedie Lynn was born on 6/16/05 in Memphis, TN. She arrived 6 wks early. Cedie spent the first 11 & 1/2 months in the hospital. Although she endured many surgeries and spent 2/3 of her life in hospitals, she was a very happy, beautiful little girl who was full of love and who was loved by everyone who met her in person and online. She now watches over all of us as our own little angel.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

The FLU Bug

The Flu has come to the Mock house. Luckily Cedie has not caught it (she's the only one).

Tuesday, Chris, aka Daddy, came home from work early because his body ached and he felt like he had a fever. Boy did he! He had a temp of 103 all night.

Wednesday, I drove Chris and Dylan to see our family doctor. Dylan woke up with a nasty green nose. According to Dr. W, Chris had the FLU and Dylan had inflamed lympnodes. Dylan got an antibiotic and Chris got Tamiflu.

Wednesday night, I went into quarantine mood. I sent Dylan to Nana's house. I had Chris stay in his room. I wiped down all of Cedie's stuff. I washed my hands whenever I went in to give something to Chris.

Unfortunately, the later it got Wednesday night, the more I started to feel bad. I was sleeping in Dylan's room but I couldn't get warm. It was a miserable night.

Thursday I barely managed to call Dr. John (my throat was killing me). He confirmed my fears, I too had caught the flu. He called me in some meds and told me to follow the instructions he gave Chris the day before: stay in bed, take Motrin and Tylenol for the fever, and STAY AWAY FROM CEDIE. I was beside myself. I can't not take care of my baby girl.... Well my body told me different. I was too weak to even try.

THANK GOD FOR GRANDMOTHERS!!!! AMEN!

I have nursing from 7a to 3p and from 11p to 7a. The 3p to 11p is when we are on our own- not usually a problem. However, with both of us on our deathbed (maybe a slight exaggeration) this presents a major problem. Lucky for us, we have 2 of the greatest moms ever!! Memaw came over Thursday for the 3-11 shift and Nana came over Friday for the 3-11 shift. I don't know what we would have done without these two wonderful women!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM, December 25, 2006, Blogger Crystal M. said…

    I hope she stays healthy and you all get well soon. I was sick for Christmas and I hope Eva doesnt get it. I have a cold and I lost my voice.
    Hugs,
    Crystal and Eva

     

Post a Comment

<< Home