Cedie Lynn Mock's Blog

Cedie Lynn was born on 6/16/05 in Memphis, TN. She arrived 6 wks early. Cedie spent the first 11 & 1/2 months in the hospital. Although she endured many surgeries and spent 2/3 of her life in hospitals, she was a very happy, beautiful little girl who was full of love and who was loved by everyone who met her in person and online. She now watches over all of us as our own little angel.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Monday, 5/15/06

I woke up at 5:30 this morning with a strong urge to call Cedie. They told me that her nurse was in Cedie's room and could not come to the phone. As soon as I hung up, my phone rings and it is her nurse on her cell phone. She was holding Cedie and they were playing! She said Cedie woke up a 5 in the best mood. She then put the phone to Cedie's ear so that I could talk to her. She was making noises at me and her nurse said she was smiling. As soon as the nurse took the phone back, I heard Cedie start to cry, LOUDLY. It was a "wheh, wheh" type of cry. Quite pitiful. So she gave the phone back to Cedie and she was once again "coo"ing at me. The nurse tried taking the phone back again and again Cedie instantly started crying. I tried not to laugh. It was sweet. I talked to her a little longer but then I had to let her go. Sigh.

Cedie had a good day. She weighed 6.83 (15.1 lbs). Her blood gas was good so they lowered her vent settings a little. The only time she needed pain meds was when they were doing her arm dressing change. I got there early and we played alot but when it came time to bottle feed she was fast asleep. However, when I tried to put her in her bed, she woke up and was very upset that I dared to leave her. She started the lip quivering and the crying loudly so I did what they say not to do.... I picked her back up :-) She instantly calmed down so I just rocked her for a little while longer. When she was really sound asleep (snoring) I tried again to lay her in the bed. This time she didn't even budge. Her nurse said she slept good all night :-)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home