Cedie Lynn Mock's Blog

Cedie Lynn was born on 6/16/05 in Memphis, TN. She arrived 6 wks early. Cedie spent the first 11 & 1/2 months in the hospital. Although she endured many surgeries and spent 2/3 of her life in hospitals, she was a very happy, beautiful little girl who was full of love and who was loved by everyone who met her in person and online. She now watches over all of us as our own little angel.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Sweet Day For Me







Today I had my Physical Therapy Evaluation. I had to do a test that took a little over an hour. I tolerated it very well. This was the last evaluation so my therapies should be starting soon (hopefully next week).

I had my TIPS session immediately following the PT eval. Even though I was wore out from the PT tests, I was a good girl and attempted everything Ms. Debbie had for me to do. In fact, I was so good that she brought me a new sweet- Whipped Cream in a can! I throughly enjoyed that! She put it in my hand and let me find the way to my mouth on my own. Mommy and Ms. Debbie cheered me on as I "fed" myself the yummy stuff.

Then, when I thought it couldn't get better, mommy brought out the Oreo! Mommy was so excited because she has never seen me so excited about a food. I actually managed to eat one whole side of the cookie! And, I did it with a smile and almost no spitting :-)

It was a very sweet day for me!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, August 18, 2006, Blogger amy and mighty max said…

    WOW! When did Miss Cedie start eating and sitting??? That's amazing!!! Fill me in! :)

     
  • At 11:01 AM, August 19, 2006, Blogger Miss N Cedie said…

    Pictures can be decieving. Although she is getting better at it, Cedie still needs that reassuring hand for support.

    As for the eating, we have made great strides just this week. Apparently, she has a sweet tooth :-) She still won't have a thing to do with a bottle and she only tolerates a few spoonfuls of baby food. Too bad she can't live on cool whip, crackers, and Oreos! We are hoping though that, as she enjoys this treats, she will see that she can swallow solids at least.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home