Cedie Lynn Mock's Blog

Cedie Lynn was born on 6/16/05 in Memphis, TN. She arrived 6 wks early. Cedie spent the first 11 & 1/2 months in the hospital. Although she endured many surgeries and spent 2/3 of her life in hospitals, she was a very happy, beautiful little girl who was full of love and who was loved by everyone who met her in person and online. She now watches over all of us as our own little angel.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Saturday, 5/20/06

Cedie had a great day! She did not take a nap but everyone in the unit kept talking about how content she was just to play in her room by herself! When I came in she was smiling big and playing with her pacifier. She even smiled during her trach care! I think I found the trick to that, though. I propped her mirror to one side so that she could look at herself while I cleaned the opposite side of her neck and changed the tie. Then I moved the mirror to the other side and did the same thing. She sure does love to look into her own eyes! She knows she's beautiful!!

They went down on her vent settings today. Her numbers look great as did her blood gas.

She took 10cc by mouth. She hasn't been bottle fed much this week because of all thats been going on with her arm. We'll get back into the swing of it!

I stayed late so that I could get her settled for the night. She was so tired but she wasn't ready to give it up. When I left, she was petting her stuffed doggie and girraff while holding my shirt. I called a little over an hour later and she had just fallen to sleep. Her nurse said that she just laid in her bed, contently playing with her "friends". I can't wait till I can watch her until she falls asleep even it is late. She is so facinating to watch :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home