Cedie Lynn Mock's Blog

Cedie Lynn was born on 6/16/05 in Memphis, TN. She arrived 6 wks early. Cedie spent the first 11 & 1/2 months in the hospital. Although she endured many surgeries and spent 2/3 of her life in hospitals, she was a very happy, beautiful little girl who was full of love and who was loved by everyone who met her in person and online. She now watches over all of us as our own little angel.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Not Our Week- Trouble at the Mock House

It has not been a good week here at the Mock house (to say the least!). I guess you could say the trouble started Saturday.

Sat. we found out that our a/c unit is leaking. How did we figure this out.... The wooden laminate flooring in both Cedie and Dylan's rooms is buckling up! Apparently the drain in the a/c unit closet was clogged. The closet is in the hallway between the kids bedrooms. Cedie's dad spent a lot of $, time, blood, sweat, etc. doing these floors back in April. And now that he is in that knee brace, there is no way he could do it again right now.

Sunday was the big ER fiasco.

Monday we found out that the home owners ins. would pay to have someone fix the floors but that we would be responsible for the $500 deductible -not something we currently have :-( Also, the repairs will take 2-3 days and we will have to take Cedie somewhere else to live those days. (The kids and I will be staying at Nana's)

Tues. morn I found that my purse was stolen right off of my kitchen table! It turns out that Mon. night, while Chris and Dylan were gone to soccer practice, someone came in my house and took the purse. Cedie was in a swing asleep in the living room. I was going back and forth from working in her room (rearanging furniture) and checking on her. My house alarm didn't beep because I had both of the wooden doors that lead from the outside into the kitchen/dining room open. I had heard the dogs barking but it didn't register at the time. In my purse I had my wallet with a checkbook, debit card, & cash, I had an IPOD, a digital tape recorder, some insurance papers on Cedie, pictures, and all the other usual stuff us ladies keep in our purses. The thiefs used my debit card several times Monday night.

WARNING!!! The police told us that this is becoming a big problem in this county. These theives are driving into neighborhoods, stealing credit/debit cards and then going into the poorer parts of the city to gas stations. They then offer to fill up cars for cash. According to the police, when ever they catch people doing this, both the person with the stolen card and the person getting the gas go to jail.

Anyhow, yesterday I had to go get a new drivers license and we had to close out our bank accounts and open new ones. Not a fun day. Very scary.

Today is a new day and hopefully our luck will turn around. Cedie had a really good night last night and she was very happy this morning. She looked much better as well.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home